This webinar was the first in a three-part webinar series focused on aspects of our Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality program and carbon neutrality planning for higher education institutions.
- Michael Ahern, SVP System Development, Ever-Green Energy
- Nina Axelson, VP Sustainability and Outreach, Ever-Green Energy
Summary: Ever-Green launched the Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality program to create actionable plans to make sustainability and carbon neutrality goals a reality on higher education campuses. Three campuses were selected as a cohort for the 2019 pilot year, participating in a planning effort to outline reductions in scope 1 carbon. The first-year cohort included the College of Saint Benedict, the University of St. Thomas, and the University of Minnesota – Morris. This webinar will present results of the pilot phase of the cohort, solutions identified, transferable lessons, and next steps for these campuses.
Key Discussion Topics:
- Analyzing campus energy use
- Identifying carbon reduction opportunities on campuses
- Common challenges to implementing sustainable infrastructure
- Consideration of on-site decarbonization versus renewable energy offsets
- Review of three Minnesota campuses working toward decarbonization
- Competitive strategies to consider to lower or eliminate carbon in a campus energy system